[gst-devel] using ORC for g729 documentation

SP GLE spglegle at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 17 08:52:24 CET 2009

Hello,

I submitted some g729 code a long time ago _BUT_ :

- the library used is a patched version of ITU g729 source code (the reference code is not thread safe and uses a lot of static variables to keep some processing data, thus two channels at the same time would corrupt each other). The original itu soure code is fetched and a patch applied in order to generate library.

- the reference code is ITU licensed so I encourage you to forget this implementation due to this licensing and to rewrite your own implementation .

- The g729 codec requires license for usage (www sipro com)

- The g729 gst plugins are quite simple and probably attached to a bug but i can send it back if you want.

Regards.