[gst-devel] Forcing a connection of qtdemux->mpegtsmux in Playbin2/decodebin2

Ajit Singh ajit.singh at 2wire.com
Wed Mar 18 23:28:33 CET 2009

The hardware I'm trying to port gstreamer on had some limitations on
playing mp4 files , therefore we decided to convert mp4 files into
Transport stream.

1.) This works with the underwritten command line.

gst-launch -v filesrc location=videos/barack_paper.mp4 ! qtdemux
name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! filesink
location=videos/barack_paper.ts demux.audio_00 ! queue ! mux.

2.) I modified mpegtsmux such that whenever it outputs a new TS packet,
I pump it into our hardware and the stream plays using the above command
line.

3..) Now I need to modify decodebin2 such that if the source is mp4 then
rather than auto plugging it should force putting a mpegtsmux after
qtdemux. What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Ajit