[gst-devel] Gstreamer in an embedded Linuxdistribution

Thu Mar 19 18:08:35 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and I have a question.

I'm working on a project for an embedded Linux distribution for a HTPC.
My goal is to run the Elisa Media Center on a minimal Linux. Elisa is
based on Gstreamer.

Now i have various problems running Gstreamer:

When i want play a internet videostream i became elisa says:

Gstreamer error: resource not found

and when i am playing a local file: Your gestreamer installation is
missing a plugin an elisa.log says:

WARN  MainThread      default                     Mar 19 13:29:43
Gstreamer Your GStreamer installation is missing a
plug-in.:gstplaybasebin.c(1673): gen_source_element ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0:
No URI handler for file (elisa/plugins/poblesec/player_video.py:535)

where i can see which plugins are missing?

i have compiling everything from source including
gst-plugins-{base,bad.good,ugly} and gst-ffmpeg.

when i am play an e.g. Audiofile i become often error like this (from
elisa.log)

DEBUG MainThread      audio_player_controller     Mar 19 12:44:29
Received metadata from player {'album': 'High Mud Leauder',
'track-number': 2L, 'artist': 'High Mud Leauder', 'title': 'Admiral',
'duration': 171781000000L, 'genre': 'Rock/Pop'}
(elisa/plugins/poblesec/player_video.py:1119)
WARN  MainThread      default                     Mar 19 12:44:29
Gstreamer Could not open resource for writing.:gstalsasink.c(694):
gst_alsasink_open (): /GstAlsaSink:audiosink-actual-sink-alsa:
Playback open error on device 'default': Invalid argument
(elisa/plugins/poblesec/player_video.py:535)

can anyone help me?

sources to build my distribution or see how i compiled gstreamer,
plugins and other you can find at
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~sraue/openelec/devel/files when you need it
i can upload an image of this Distribution (ca. 40MB)

Stephan