[gst-devel] [SoC Project] BaseMux + ASFMux

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Mar 21 12:34:13 CET 2009

thiagoss schrieb:
> This year, I'm planning on applying again to Summer of Code. This time,
> my intended project is to implement a base class for muxers, aligned
> with the development of a new plugin for muxing asf (using the BaseMux
> class). Additionally, I plan to do a refactoring in some already
> existent muxers to use this new base class (qtmux and avimux are the
> first on the line, but I also plan to do others, those come first
> because I already know them).
>
> Well, is this good work enough for a gsoc project? Should I
> add/remove/change something? Suggestions?
>
> Additionally, I'd like to have a lot of feedback in the BaseMux class,
> so you might starting throwing your ideas into this.

Having more baseclasses would definitely be nice, altough its not quite trivial.
See how long it takes for BaseParse to mature. Your existing experience with a
muxer is generally a big plus. Dunno if your mentor to be could promisse to port
a muxer to the class also (could be some simple one like wavenc, or a new aiffenc).

Starting the design on the wiki would be good in any case.

Stefan