[gst-devel] Mpeg ts mux --missing audio

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:20:13 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM, lyang <oxcsnicho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is another student intending to apply for Gstreamer in GSoC this year.
> The mpeg2 ts/ps muxer project is my aim, so I've been following the
> interesting discussion here in this topic for quite a while :)
>
> I just want to supplying a bit more information. If we strip off aacparse
> instead of the h264parse, like this:
>
> gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 \
>                filesrc location=test.264 \
>                ! h264parse ! mux. \
>                filesrc location=test.mp2 ! decodebin \
>                ! audioconvert ! faac ! mux. \
>                mpegtsmux name=mux \
>                ! filesink location=test.ts
>
> The product is still having no sound (it's in mplayer; meanwhile VLC
> prefers
> not to show the video instead. This is the same as the product of H.264+AAC
> in my box, an Ubuntu Gutsy.)
> On the other hand if we replace both of H.264 and AAC with something more
> "elementary" like m1v and mp2, mpegtsmux is working perfectly.
>
> I think there must be some mysterious story going on with
> h264+mpegtsmux....
> On the other hand, aacparse looks less susceptible to be the cause of the
> bug.
>
> To Thiago (or someone familiar with qtmux): Does qtmux support h264+aac? I
> just couldn't figure out how to make it (maybe it's totally trivial;
> actually I'm learning hard these days, but not necessarily learning fast:(
> )
> I intended to test if h264+acc is working well in other containers. If yes
> then we can keep our attention in mpegtsmux, I think.

Yes, it supports both.

> Regards,
> Lin
>

> yangsb wrote:
> >
> > Hi , Santos,
> > Now I believe bug lies in the plugin " h264parse " , by changing the
> > testing pipeline.
> >

> > At first , my pipeline is like :
> >
> > gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=$dbg \
> >          filesrc location=davincieffect_ntsc.264  \
> >          ! h264parse ! mux. \
> >          filesrc location=davincieffect.aac ! aacparse ! mux. \
> >          mpegtsmux name=mux \
> >          ! filesink location=out_264_for_6446.ts
> >
> > Then I changed the testing pipeline :
> >
> > The first one :
> >
> > gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=$dbg \
> >          videotestsrc !
> > video/x-raw-yuv,width=176,height=144,framerate=10/1 ! x264enc  \
> >          ! mux. \
> >          filesrc location=davincieffect.aac ! aacparse ! mux. \
> >          mpegtsmux name=mux \
> >          ! filesink location=out_264_for_6446.ts
> >
> > The second one :
> >
> > gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=$dbg \
> >          filesrc location=test.mov ! qtdemux name=qtdemux demux.video_00
> !
> > queue  \
> >          ! mux. \
> >          filesrc location=davincieffect.aac ! aacparse ! mux. \
> >          mpegtsmux name=mux \
> >          ! filesink location=out_264_for_6446.ts
> >
> > Both the pipelines works well .And the ts file can be decoded correctlly
> > by vlc media player.
> > So maybe a bug in h264parse.
> > Hope these to be helpful...

Can't help with that, I have no experience with h264 or mpegts.
Maybe you should try to create a file with video only using two different
pipelines, but from the same source:

1) Decode h264 and reencode with x264enc and then mux it to a mpegts file.
2) Use h264parse and mux it to a mpegts file

After that, inspect the files and look what's different in them. Also, if
h264enc has parameters, you should try to reencode using the same
configuration that h264parse identifies in the stream.

> > FYI: you can take a look at this post :
> > http://www.nabble.com/MPEG-2-TS-Muxing-td17485498.html
> >

> > Best regards.
> >

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)