[gst-devel] GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

Guilherme grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:47:03 CEST 2009

Tim, I just thought that a superficial description wouldn't help.

What I need exactly is:

    I have a pipeline getting the sound from alsasrc. I need to get all
the data passing through the pipeline to make a conversion. I'm going to
use fftw library  to listen to that sound and gimme as  a result  2
content  that is going to be stored in 2 variables.

     Basically fftw will get the input audio and gimme 2 graphs:

       (frequency x amp)  and (phase diagram)

     That's why I need to get handle of the data passing through the
pipeline. The thing is this is a live streaming so it is a little more
complicated than reading from a file.

    These 2 solutions you gave me is valid for my case?

    Thanks Tim!

Tks!

Guilherme Longo
Dept. Eng. da Computação
Unaerp

Linux User - #484927

*Before Asking
http://www.istf.com.br/?page=perguntas

!- I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees -!