[gst-devel] Presuming the pipeline to PLAYING after EOS

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Fri May 8 15:05:44 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am writing the application to transcode any media file to H.264 video and
AAC audio content and save in a file.
Currently I want to write say some 5 secs of data into file then send EOS
and after the muxer gracefully writes data after EOS,
I want to again start my pipeline from the point where I left (at 5secs) and
again start writing.

I am doing this because I wanna access the file which I am writing through
filesink in another application for playing.
So I can access this data after every 5 sec in the player pipeline to play.

But after EOS I just can't set the pipeline to any state. I did not quit the
main loop.

I will be thankful for any help & suggestions.

Regards.