[gst-devel] Build from source

Oscar Ostlund oscar.ostlund at gmail.com
Sat May 9 04:32:30 CEST 2009

Hi

I am pretty new to gstreamer and have decided to build from source (I was
using MacPorts seamlessly)

But I have encountered several errors while trying to build manually...

First I got an error with matroska:

Making all in matroska
  CC    ebml-read.o
  CC    ebml-write.o
  CC    matroska.o
  CC    matroska-demux.o
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
matroska-demux.c: In function
‘gst_matroska_demux_parse_blockgroup_or_simpleblock’:
matroska-demux.c:3999: warning: format ‘%hu’ expects type ‘int’, but
argument 8 has type ‘gint64’
make[3]: *** [libgstmatroska_la-matroska-demux.lo] Error 1

Then when I try to build the good plugins, I get an error with the
translations:

Making all in po
rm -f af.gmo && /opt/local/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o af.gmo af.po
26 translated messages, 21 fuzzy translations, 38 untranslated messages.
/opt/local/bin/msgmerge --update az.po gst-plugins-good-0.10.pot
/opt/local/bin/msgmerge: `az.po': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [az.po] Error 1

Have you got any clue that could help me ?

Thanks in advance

Oscar