[gst-devel] How to optimize the performance of gstreamer

yangsb yangsb05 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 12:05:01 CEST 2009

I am using gstreamer as a rtsp client on my arm-based board.
My pipeline is as simple as the following :
#################
gst-launch-0.10 --gst-debug=0 \
rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.55:554/55mbps.mp4 latency=20000 name=s ! \
rtph264depay ! \
TIViddec engineName=decode codecName=h264dec ! \
TIDmaiVideoSink displayStd=fbdev displayDevice=/dev/fb/3 \
videoStd=D1_NTSC videoOutput=COMPOSITE \
resizer=FALSE accelFrameCopy=TRUE sync=0 s. ! rtpmp4gdepay ! TIAuddec
engineName=decode codecName=aachedec ! osssink sync=0
When the video bitrate is low , the gstreamer works fine .
However , when the video bitrate is high , for example , 5Mbps for 720x480
sized video ,
I found that the arm load is nearly 99% , and may lose some video frames .
I tried to add -O3 options for the gcc , things becomes better , but may
still lose some frames.
Is there anyother way to optimize the performance of the gstreamer ?

Thanks .
Best regards.