[gst-devel] Regarding DVB-H support in gstreamer

Prashanth Ram prashant.ram at samsung.com
Fri May 15 07:10:57 CEST 2009

Dear Zaheer,

In DVB-H, audio/video is transmitted as IP datagrams in MPE sections. Stream
type of the MPE sections would be 0x90 (user private). After I looked up the
code of mpegtsdemux, I found that the demux would output only the sections
with stream type 0x05 (13818-1 Private sections).

So I did a small hack like below
      if (stream_type == ST_PRIVATE_SECTIONS) {
        changed to

      if ((stream_type == ST_PRIVATE_SECTIONS) || (stream_type == 0x90)) {

Now I am able to get MPE sections with following pipeline:

gst-launch filesrc location=ts.dump ! mpegtsdemux program-number=service-id
name=demux demux.private_<pid> ! filesink location=mpe-sections.dat

But I suspect mpegtsdemux is pushing incomplete sections. Could you please
comment on how to get the complete sections from demux.

Thanks and regards,
Prashanth