[gst-devel] jpegparse element

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon May 18 11:49:50 CEST 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 11:01:06 Marc Leeman wrote:
> >  I need an equivalent of mpeg4videoparse/h264parse for motion jpeg
> > streams. The jpegdec element contains the required functionality, I don't
> > want to decode.  I couldn't find any other element that does it, so I'll
> > make one.
>
> Wim committed some work in rtpjpegpay a couple weeks ago. I had a
> simular issue you probl have; but I used a quick decode/encode trick to
> get the correct caps; before reconfiguring the pipeline again.

 Probably not :-)  I get a stream of concatenated JPEG frames without any
muxing, and I need to mux it into a matroska file.  So the 4K souphttpsrc
buffers have to become buffers containing 1 JPEG frame.  I could indeed do a
jpegdec-enc chain of the whole stream, but that would be quite expensive (for
100 parallel streams...).

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540