[gst-devel] youtube on gstreamer

ebin jose ebinjosetel at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:55:32 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I was trying to playback an swf file using gstreamer. using the following
command.
"gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin uri=
http://www.honestreporting.com/a/flash/nytimes_analysis.swf"

But it throws the following error:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = application/x-shockwave-flash
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0.GstPad:sink:
caps = application/x-shockwave-flash
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0:
GStreamer encountered a general supporting library error.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdemux.c(1209): gst_ffmpegdemux_open ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0:
Input/output error
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0.GstPad:sink:
caps = NULL
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = NULL
Freeing pipeline ...

This was my first experiment towards making youtube content playback using
gstreamer.
I have installed the following pkgs/plugins:
- ffmpeg
- gst-ffmpeg-0.10.7
- gst-plugins-0.8.12
- gst-plugins-bad-0.10.11
- gst-plugins-base-0.10.23
- gst-plugins-good-0.10.14
- gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.11
- gstreamer-0.10.23
- libid3tag-0.15.1b
- libmad-0.15.1b
- libsoup-2.2.100
- madplay-0.15.2b
- neon-0.26.4

and my "souphttpsrc" is working fine too.

Any clues ?

Thanks in advance.
-Ebin.