[gst-devel] seek support in gstbasesrc

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Thu May 21 11:41:35 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 01:06 -0700, google_effected wrote:

> I have posted this message after reading the source code of filesrc and and
> some other elements.I couldn't get a clear idea of what to do. please help
> me out if any one knows about it!

Did you also read the basesrc documentation? Can you tell us what you
didn't understand from reading the documentation? What can we do to
improve the documentation?

Also filesrc has a pretty straightforward implementation, basically it
keeps track of the current read_position, then does a seek to the new
position when the requested offset in _create does not match.

Wim