[gst-devel] Converting mpg file to ts file - no sound

pcd7 pcd7 at btinternet.com
Sun May 24 10:49:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am a gstreamer newby !

As a test exercise I am trying to convert a mpg file to ts file using this
command line pipeline :-

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc \
  location=/media/hdd/movie/DeanaC.mpg !\
  mpegpsdemux ! mpegtsmux ! filesink location=\
 /media/hdd/movie/Test.ts

The command line output :-

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 143343968000 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline

When I play this file in a powerpc linux set top box the video plays - but
no audio.

What is missing in the pipeline ?

I tried to find a tutorial for this without success ! Will be grateful for
any advice.

ps. I tried with mpegdemux instead of mpegpsdemux - still no audio.

Regards, pcd.