[gst-devel] Problem in Seeking

Sumanth V sumanth.v at allaboutif.com
Wed May 27 11:57:50 CEST 2009

Hi All,

      I  am trying to perform a seeking operation on a TS file,  but it just
shows only one frame and its freezing. I am trying to perform a  random seek
operation, i.e I want to play from a different offset positon. After a PAUSE
operation. The Pipeline i am using is

filesrc location=file.ts ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink.

The following seek event i am sending to the pipeline to perform the seek
operation.

gst_element_seek( pipeline,1.0,GST_FORMAT_BYTES, GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH |
GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT
,GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, 6560312,GST_SEEK_TYPE_END,-1);

It just shows the only one frame and freezs. Where am i going wrong in
seeking? What is the correct method of seeking?

Thanks All,