[gst-devel] Playback of x-rtvc1 streams with Gstreamer ?

christian chr1123443 at gmx.de
Thu May 28 15:17:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am completly new to gstreamer. My Linux knowlege is very very poor right now. But i want to learn it :-)

Does anyone know, how to playback a rtvc1 stream with Linux/Gstreamer ?

rtvc1 is used as videocodec for the Microsoft Comuniucaton Server 2007 and Windows Live Call.
This codec is a little bit different to the VC-1 Codec, so a normal VC1 player has trouble to play this streams.
It only can decode the first Packet of the I-Frames. So i only can see the upper first part of the Video.
A VC-1 Decoder is unable to decode all the SP,P and B Frames of such stream.

I hope anyone can help me.

Greetings

Chris