[gst-devel] Checking m4a tags from the command line

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Fri May 29 11:41:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

My Banshee setup is crashing on certain files and I think it may be
tag related. To rule out GStreamer itself
I was wondering if it's possible to dump the tags gstreamer sees from
the command line. I've got the hang
of playing a tune:

gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri="file:///home/alex/music/Artists/James/Hey
Ma (Deluxe Edition)/03 - Waterfall.m4a"

But I'm not sure how to construct a tag reading pipeline. Having read
the manual I can see there are a bunch
of tag sources:

10:36 alex at danny/x86_64 [gst-editor.git] >gst-inspect-0.10  | grep "tag"
typefindfunctions: application/x-apetag: ape, mpc, wv
vorbis:  vorbistag: VorbisTag
flac:  flactag: FLAC tagger
mad:  id3mux: id3 tag muxer
taglib:  apev2mux: TagLib-based APEv2 Muxer
taglib:  id3v2mux: TagLib-based ID3v2 Muxer
debug:  taginject: TagInject
apetag:  apedemux: APE tag demuxer
icydemux:  icydemux: ICY tag demuxer
id3demux:  id3demux: ID3 tag demuxer

But how do I actually use these in a pipeline?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php