[gst-devel] HELP: Link "wavparse" to "audioconvert" has error.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 13:17:51 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 19:57 +0800, Freeman Zhang wrote:

> But, why the command line "gst-launch" can handle it?

Ah, sorry, it seems I was a bit too quick and completely misunderstood
your problem.

The problem is that wavparse's sink pad is a sometimes pad which will be
added only later when data flow starts (-> 'dynamic pads'). The reason
for that is that wavparse needs to figure out the type of data first (it
uses dynamic pads for historical reason related to decodebin/playbin, it
doesn't strictly have to, but we can't change that now). So there will
be no sink pad to link to after the element has been created, and you
will need to do the linking to audioconvert or whatever in a pad-added
callback later.

Mad's sink pad on the other hand always exists, so you can link it right
away.

Still, I would recommend you just use uridecodebin/decodebin2/playbin2
if that's an option.

Cheers
 -Tim