[gst-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Video hackfest

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Nov 2 20:26:05 CET 2009

Hi Benjamin,

> The idea to this hackfest originated in my idea to bridge X, Cairo and
> GStreamer and make them work together better. I prototyped some code
> touching every part of the stack, the result of which can be seen on
> my blog[2][3]. If you are interested in technical details, I sent them
> to the gstreamer and cairo lists before[4][5]. While doing this work
> we realized that there is a lack of knowledge about the challenges
> that the other projects face. Which is when we decided to do a
> hackfest focussing on improving the Linux desktop video experience.

Sounds like an awesome idea!

It's not clear from the mail if simply by receiving it we're invited,
but since I'm in the city I'll assume it's no problem to show up as long
as we're willing to help out.

I was thinking that maybe it's also a good occasion to celebrate 10
years of GStreamer over there, since I assume lots of GStreamer hackers
will be around at that time.  What do you think ?

Thomas

--
You are going to get every square inch of your ass kicked.