[gst-devel] wxMediaCtrl on Linux

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Fri Nov 6 13:58:19 CET 2009

Hi Guys,

I have been developing a cross-platform multi-media medical application in
wxWidgets.  All the original development was done in Windows and I have just
ported to Kubuntu 9.10.  One of the main components is wxMediaCtrl which is
and embedded mediaplayer frontend which uses MS Media Player backend on
Windows or GStreamer on Linux.

I've definitely got GStreamer installed because other applications run using
it. I can even write pieces of code in Perl which call Gstreamer directly
but I've not got
wxMediaCtrl running yet. I'm getting error "Got an invalid playbin (error
0:Success)".  So what am I missing here?

I have:

- Kubuntu 9:10
- wxPerl 0.91-1
- GStreamer (libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 - 0.10.25-2ubunbtu1 (amd64),
libgstreamer0.10-0 - 0.10.25 (amd64), bluez-gstreamer - 4.51-0ubantu2
(amd64)).

However, there are 54 other GStreamer packages/modules that aren't
installed, and maybe I'm just missing one or two.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks and regards

Steve