[gst-devel] Memory leak problem with souphttpsrc and qtdemux

tiki_ns tihomir.andjelic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:51:40 CET 2009

I have very strange issue with usage of souphttpsrc plugin. I am using
qtdemux for demultiplexing .mp4 files and I am detecting memory leak when
input source is souphttpsrc. Problem is still present even when I reduce the
pipeline like this:

gst-launch souphttpsrc
location="http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&video_id=0pkMzSphwM0&t=vjVQa1PpcFNtjh0WrsbPfZe68XzvSyNJzci0R4tTg4s%3D"
! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! fakesink

In the case when input source is filesrc I don't have such problem. This is
reduced pipeline example for this case:

gst-launch  filesrc location=test.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 !
fakesink

Target platform is MIPS. I have the same problem if I use neonhttpsrc as
input source or flvdemux as demux.

I spent two weeks to locate and solve this problem but without any progress.
Has anyone faced similar problem? Any hint will be very helpful for me!