[gst-devel] USB issues with gst-launch pipeline on Beagle Board (was: [beagleboard] Re: Use case as a HTPC with VDR)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 12 14:07:20 CET 2009

Dear GStreamer-devel list,

there are some efforts to get VDR going on the Beagle Board [1]. One
option to use GStreamer for output [2]. But there are USB related
problems.

This is the quote from [1].

Am Dienstag, den 10.11.2009, 07:53 -0800 schrieb T. Brinkmann:

[…]

> 3) gstreamer & TI dsp stuff
> Output from both plugins can also be rendered using gstreamer.
> However, all my attempts so far ended up in USB problems (especially
> with the ethernet adapter). This is not just a nuisance, at least in
> conjunction with ffnetdev it's a major problem because ffnetdev
> appears not to accept connections made via 127.0.0.1. So if the usb-
> ethernet adapter is disconnected (not physically but according to
> dmesg), the video stream breaks down as the IP address is linked to
> the device. But maybe that's just because of a flaw in my gst-launch
> pipeline. Here it is:
> gst-launch -v tcpclientsrc host=192.168.1.40 port=20002 ! ffdemux_mpeg
> name=demux demux.audio_00 ! queue max-size-buffers=1200 max-size-
> time=0 max-size-bytes=0 ! mad ! osssink sync=true demux.video_00 !
> TIViddec2 numOutputBufs=3 ! queue max-size-buffers=2 max-size-time=0
> max-size-bytes=0 ! omapdmaifbsink sync=true

Can you give some hints to improve this pipeline? Do you see a problem
with it? Where can this problem be reported to?

Sorry for those questions. I must admit my head explodes getting to know
all this new stuff for me. So it would be really nice if you could point
to some information or give some hints and forgive me if I overlooked
something on the Web.

Thanks in advance and bests,

Paul

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/369302c3018b9634/