[gst-devel] Gran Canaria meeting notes

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 15:30:43 CET 2009

Am Freitag, den 27.11.2009, 12:19 +0000 schrieb Bastien Nocera:

> So, where would I move all this code? :)

I guess gst-plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/gtk would be a good place to
start :) Btw, David Schleef has started a convenience GTK widget library
too but it disappeared after the fd.o disk failure. You might want to
coordinate with him.

> > > - Seeking based on time
> >
> >   Err... because we're doing seeking based on
> bananas-per-square-mile
> > right now ? What do you mean by that ?
>
> Huh, being thick :)
> The code in Totem doesn't make use of it, but it's available, I should
> change Totem to use that now...

Erm, in what unit does totem seek right now? Time is the only thing that
works in most cases :)

> > > - Handling of tick signals
> >
> >   what do you mean by that ?
>
> Right now, I need to poke at the running playbin a couple of times a
> second myself. It would be easier if playbin itself had a tick signal,
> and handled emission itself.

You only need this to get updated positions, right? IMHO that shouldn't
be in playbin2 and should instead be there where it's needed: in the
widget :)

But great that you like to work on abstracting something like totem's
bvw into some library :)