[gst-devel] gnonlin can be compiled without gstreamer-plugins-base, but configure miss it

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 13:27:57 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 00:31 +0200, Aapo Rantalainen wrote:
> Hi, I compiled gnonlin from git and it needs
> libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev on configure time, but I removed it
> before make and it can be compiled without it. So is there some reason
> for depend plugins-base or it this only typo?

  You will need decodebin/decodebin2/uridecodebin from gst-plugins-base
in order for gnlfilesource/gnlurisource to work properly.

  So yes... you don't need it at compile time, but those elements will
always fail if you don't have them, that's why we check for it in
configure.

  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev smells like some debian packaging
requirement btw

    Edward