[gst-devel] AEC plugin in Gstreamer

Viraj Karandikar virajk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 19:33:46 CEST 2009

Hi,
We are developing AEC plugin for our proprietary AEC implementation.
We are having 2 sink pads (one for near end and one for far end inputs) and
1 source pad (for AEC output).
Audio capture and playback can happen with any of the available plugins.
But you have to implement a logic to make sure that the input data to AEC
algo is in correct sync.
Also is it required to have as minimum delay as possible in capture and
playback path to have short tail length.

Regards,
Viraj

2009/8/30 Olivier Crête <olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk>

> On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 21:16 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> > rmkart schrieb:
> > > Hi,
> > > Is there any AEC (Achoustic echo cancellation) Gstreamer plugin
> available.
> > > For this I need to get the input from alsasink and send it to Alsasrc,
> the
> > > Alsa component does a buffering within itsself. If I try to apply AEC
> on
> > > these buffers then the quality wont be good as the logic is pplies on
> > > buffers which might not be in syc. Can anyone siggest me any
> > > ideas/suggestion for this.
> > > Thanks,
> > > RK
> >
> > There is none I am aware of. If you consider start making one, keep us
> up-to-date.
>
> I started writing one based on libspeexdsp, but I never got it to work
> properly. The code is at:
>

> http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/tester/gst-plugins-farsight-tester.git;a=tree;f=ext/speexdsp;hb=speexdsp
>
> Also, my understanding is that the AEC algorithm in speexdsp will only
> work if the src and the sink are on the same sound card. So it won't
> work with stuff like USB or Bluetooth speakers or with the microphone on
> a Webcam. So I kind of gave up on it.
>
> --
> Olivier Crête
> olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk

- Viraj
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.