[gst-devel] A/V sync and stutter issue

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Sat Sep 12 00:02:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 11:22 +0100, Jan Schmidt wrote:

Hrmn, my initial reply was lacking somewhat in detail ;)

> On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 11:43 -0700, jayasena s wrote:

*snip*

> >         Hi,
> >          I am having A/V Sync and stutter issues , when using totem
> >         player with gstreamer.
> >         With gst-launch, audio and video are in sync and video is
> >         smooth ( no stutter issue).
> >
> >         Timestamps seem to be good, the stutter is more visible for
> >         the first 4 seconds of the playback.
> >
> >         Did anyone come across this issue, Could you suggest ways to
> >         debug these issues

I'd start by identifying the difference between the pipeline you're
giving gst-launch and what totem is using. Totem (depending on the
version) is using either playbin or playbin2, with the gconf audio and
video sinks.

Cheers,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>