[gst-devel] libtool, automake and C++ library

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 11:49:41 CEST 2009

2009/9/12 Miquel Àngel Farré <miquel.farre at gmail.com>:
> Reece,
>
>  Yes I did it, with the same problem, these are my flags:
>
> libgstplugin_la_CFLAGS = $(GST_CXXFLAGS)

Try:
    libgstplugin_la_CXXFLAGS = $(GST_CFLAGS)

> libgstplugin_la_LIBADD = $(GST_LIBS) $(GST_BASE_LIBS) $(GSTCTRL_LIBS)
> libgstplugin_la_LDFLAGS = $(GST_PLUGIN_LDFLAGS)
> libgstplugin_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS = --tag=disable-static
>
> Nevertheless looking at the generated makefile there is nothing for
> GST_CXXFLAGS, should I add something to configure.ac?

The CFLAGS variable is used for C sources, and CXXFLAGS for C++
sources. The libgstplugin_la_* variables apply to the libgstplugin.la
target.

You already have:
    PKG_CHECK_MODULES([GST], [...])
    AC_SUBST(GST_CFLAGS)
    AC_SUBST(GST_LIBS)
(as it works with the C sources) so you don't need to change anything there.

NOTE: Since the GStreamer library is a C library, it generates a
CFLAGS variable. The PKG_CHECK_MODULES prepends the first argument to
it with an _ at the end (GST in the above example). The
AC_SUBST(variable) searches for all occurrances of variable in the
source files for AC_CONFIG_FILES and replaces it with the content if
the variable.

- Reece