[gst-devel] problem on freescale gstreamer plugin

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:00:57 CEST 2009

> I am working on freescale i.mx27 for mutltimedia application
> developing,according to the requirement I should construct a decode pipe
> and an encode pipe line at the same time.    It seem to impossibe that
> using the freescale's decode and encode plugin at the same time. because

You are probably asking the wrong mailinglist: you are plugins by
Freescale that are not availble in GStreamer.

[mleeman at bane gst-git]$ gst-inspect encode
No such element or plugin 'encode'
[mleeman at bane gst-git]$ gst-inspect decode
No such element or plugin 'decode'

> they need to open the '/dev/vpu'  when initialize the plugins for both
> decode plugin and decode plugin,  but it is not permitted to do so,
> then the systemIOinit() could not be finished, that is only one pipe
> line is allowed.

[mleeman at bane 20090811]$ find . -name '*.[ch]' |xargs grep systemIOinit
[mleeman at bane 20090811]$ find . -name '*.[ch]' |xargs grep vpu

Both show nothing.

> has anyone meet  the similiar problem and how to work it out? please
> give me some hint on it.  thank you!

You seem to be confusing GStreamer with custom hardware drivers from
what I make out from your post.

--
  greetz, marc
Those who can, do; those who can't, write.