[gst-devel] What is the proper pipeline for YouTube video playback?

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 16 21:15:14 CEST 2009

Hi,
If you want to know what is used by playbin2, use the -v option ...

gst-launch-0.10 -v  playbin2
uri="rtsp://rtsp2.youtube.com/CiQLENy73wIaGwnYRKJ3bPTBdBMYESARFEgGUghzdGFuZGFyZAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp"

Then you see this is mpeg4 ...

So the correct pipeline is
gst-launch-0.10 -v  rtspsrc
location="rtsp://rtsp2.youtube.com/CiQLENy73wIaGwnYRKJ3bPTBdBMYESARFEgGUghzdGFuZGFyZAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp"
! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! xvimagesink

Aurelien