[gst-devel] multichannel vorbis

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Fri Sep 18 17:30:19 CEST 2009

You probably have to set the "channel-positions" property on the
interleave element, which you can't do with gst-launch as I recall (i.e.
you need to write c or python app for it) as it is an array. However for
more than 8 channels the positions might have to all be set to
GST_AUDIO_CHANNEL_POSITION_NONE

Are you just trying to do something like this?

gst-launch -v jackaudiosrc connect=none ! audio/x-raw-float, channels=24
! vorbisenc ! vorbisdec ! jackaudiosink connect=none

(note that the bottleneck here will probably be your soundcard).

-Tristan