[gst-devel] on-bye-ssrc not implemented?

Dirk Griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Tue Sep 22 16:08:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a small python-gst app based on
http://blog.abourget.net/2009/6/14/gstreamer-rtp-and-live-streaming.

This works great!

However, when I implement a callback for the 'on-bye-ssrc' like

def on_bye_ssrc(self, session, ssrc, userdata):
        print 'bye', session, ssrc

self.rtpbin.connect('on-new-ssrc', self.on_new_ssrc)

it is never called when the rtp producer leaves the scene (killing it or
stopping the producing pipeline programatically by calling
udpsink_rtcpout.set_locked_state(gst.STATE_NULL)).

I believe it should be called as rfc 3550 states '

A site sends the RTCP BYE packet (Section 6.6) when it leaves the conference.

What am I doing wrong? As on-new-ssrc does get called  ...

Thanks in advance!

Dirk