[gst-devel] Using rtspsrc

José Luis josel.segura at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:29:44 CEST 2009

Hi!

This is my first mail to this list, and I'm using Gstreamer directly on C
only few days ago.

I'm trying to use the rtspsrc element to show a RTSP stream from a IP
camera. On my first try, I used gst-launch tool to see that it's possible to
construct this pipeline:

$ gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="uri_of_my_cam" ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

and it works fine! But, when I tried the same inside a program... I create
the 3 elements, add it to the pipeline and then I linked it between.

It hink my problem was the use of decodebin, but I read some examples on the
documentation and I'm using it in the right way.

When I output debug messages from the bus, I saw something strange:
gstreamer notify me that rtspsrc is not properly connected to decodebin. I
read some documentation about rtspsrc and I found that it's a GstBin, not a
simply GstElement.

Inside the rtspsrc bin would be a source pad, but I'm not sure how can I use
it. Is there any signal that notifies me about the creation of the source
pad? Have I ask to rtspsrc for a source pad?

I had searched on Google for use-examples of rtspsrc, but I can't find
anything related.

Actually, I'm using "playbin" to play the RTSP camera, but I want to learn
this kind of things!

Thanks for your attention and excuse me, I'm not very good at English.