[gst-devel] Demux H264 video and HE-AAC audio (Edward Hervey)

Dalton Cézane daltoncezane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:49:08 CEST 2009

I tried to run h264 video and he-aac audio in another machine with
mpegtsdemux, but it did not work:

/home/dalton# gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="GLOBO188bytes.mpg" !
mpegtsdemux name=demux demux. queue ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink demux. queue
! faad ! audioconvert ! alsasink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

And continues like it was in loop...

Can anyone help me?

Use mpegtsdemux and not ffdemux_mpegts. The rule of thumb is : don't use
the ffmpeg demuxers (they have a rank of NONE for a reason).

  Edward

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 16:42 -0300, Dalton C?zane wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new at list and at the GStreamer study. I am trying to demux H264
> video and HE-AAC audio with gst-launch-0.10.
> I already succeeded just the video, without audio, with this command
> line:  gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="GLOBO188bytes.mpg" !
> ffdemux_mpegts name=demux demux. queue ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink !
> demux. queue ! faad ! audioconvert ! osssink
>
> This way, the video is displayed but the sound does not play.
> Can anyone help me? Some tip?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Dalton Cézane - Voip UFCG: 1075-2005
Mestrando em Ciência da Computação (UFCG)
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação (UFCG)
Técnico em Informática (ETER)