[gst-devel] GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE doesn't show all elements.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 07:26:04 CEST 2010

Stefan Kost wrote:

>>> why should playbin add the videosink to the pipleine if its not needed.
>>> GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE() only shows the elements that are in the
>>> pipeline, your videosink is not.
>>>
>> If I see messages from the videosink, then it's added to the playbin,
>> right?
>>
> No. It is instantiated.

Sorry, I don't understand. How many instances of videosink has my
application?

My code is like the following

GstElement *m_player;
GstElement *m_videosink;

void open(char *filename)
{
  m_player=gst_element_factory_make("playbin2","player");
  m_videosink=gst_element_factory_make("directdrawsink","videosink");
  g_object_set(m_player,"video-sink",m_videosink);
}

I don't call gst_object_unref(m_videosink) in the open().
And even calls to this in close(), where I set m_player state to NULL and
unref all objects, caused segmentation violations.

I think, my application has one videosink instance. Right?