[gst-devel] GSoC projet: Toonloop (using GST video capture and OpenGL)

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sun Apr 11 18:35:27 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,
(I send this email again since I had no answer)

May I suggest an other task in the the Gstreamer GSOC projects ? I'm the
lead developer of Toonloop, a free live frame by frame animation
software. I'm at about 30% of completing the port to Gstreamer. Branch
1.0 uses Python and Pygame, but the branch 2.0 is evolving towards a
Gstreamer application in C++ using OpenGL, GLSL shaders, GdkPixBuf sink,
etc. That would be awesome if a student project could help this project
to evolve.

I am a student myself, actually, so I could actually benefit from this
scholarship. It could also be someone else, in which case the project
would benefit from an other active developer. So, in the Applications
sections, we could add "Complete the port of Toonloop to Gstreamer,
using video capture and OpenGL".

Toonloop has already be used in workshops, performances and exhibitions
all around the world. (Canada, Norway, Mexico, Australia, Colombia, and
 Taiwan) See http://www.toonloop.com and http://alexandre.quessy.net
for more infos.

Toonloop is a live stop motion animation software. It aims to show the
creation process the the audience as well as the result of the creation.
The frame by frame animation is made by adding frames one by one to a
clip made of many frames. Clips are displayed in a never ending loop.

Thanks for your attention!  :)