[gst-devel] gst_element_class_set_details() gone?

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Sun Apr 25 12:53:15 CEST 2010

Hey,

I'm sorry that the commit message didn't include the why. I guess I had
talked so much about why on IRC that I assumed it was common knowledge
when I actually comitted the patch. :/

There's one big reason why I wanted thois function deprecated: It breaks
-Wwrite-strings and as we all agreed that that warning is rather
important, we don't want to expose APIs that can't cope with it.

Other reasons were that we had two APIs for exactly the same thing and
that's a bad idea, that APIs that expose a simple struct just so that it
can be passed as an argument to a single function is a bad API or that
this API does not work well from a bindings point of view.

Benjamin