[gst-devel] Gst-omx buffer renegotiation problem

Rob Clark rob at ti.com
Mon Aug 2 21:44:56 CEST 2010

On Aug 1, 2010, at 11:59 AM, Mikko Hurskainen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I ran into a buffer renegotiation problem when trying to use gst-omx.
> Since I didn't found any other mailing list for gst-omx and the problem
> might be relevant for other gstreamer components as well I am posting my
> question here.
>
> So the problem is that when using the gst-omx video decoding the buffers
> are allocated automatically. The gst-omx queries from the component that
> how many and which size buffers it should allocate. The omx component
> replies to allocate very few and very small buffers. With those buffer
> sizes the decoding cannot proceed (input 2 buffers of size 256 and
> output 4 buffers of size 256).

I think normally the input port params should be set already, before buffers are allocated..  so the OMX component should be able to return sensible buffer sizes before gst-openmax transitions into executing state (and allocates buffers as part of that transition).

So I'm tempted to call this a bug in your OMX component.  But including a log with "*omx*:5" traces would be helpful to see exactly what is going on.

BR,
-R