[gst-devel] Gst-omx buffer renegotiation problem

Mikko Hurskainen mikko.hurskainen at notava.com
Wed Aug 4 08:20:58 CEST 2010

Hi Rob, Felipe,

> Well there's a third solution:
>  * Don't allocate buffers in the first place if you don't know what
> the final size would be
>
> So, in gst-dsp that means we have to delay the DSP algorithm
> initialization until we know the width and height of the clip. In
> gst-openmax this would mean to delay the port buffer allocation, and
> therefore the switch to Idle state.

That approach has a problem that I do not know the buffer size before
decoding first frame of the stream. The OMX component on the other hand
does not start decoding before it has buffers allocated.

So, how do you do it in gst-dsp if you do not know the width & height of
the clip ? Can it decode without having the buffers set ?

 -- Mikko