[gst-devel] plugins missing

harshada gune gune.harshada at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:16:17 CEST 2010

Hello all,

 I am trying to install gstreamer plugins on ubuntu.
I did the following steps to install good,bad,ugly and base plugins from
gstreamer:

sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-base

All these executed with no error message. To confirm the packages are at
latest version, when I tried again, I get following message with each one of
them.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base is already the newest version.
required:
  openoffice.org-l10n-en-gb pidgin-data
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 217 not upgraded.

Now when I do gst-inspect | grep osssink, I don't find any results. same
happening with some other plugins also e.g. alsasink, oggdemux etc.

Can someone please help me?

thanks,
Harshada.