[gst-devel] caps negotiation:

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 10:34:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 10:40 +0300, alock ramkumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have few doubts regarding caps negotiation.
> Why some decoders calling decode preocedure(_chain function)  from
> setcaps? (eg: theoradec).Most of the other decoders are not doing
> this.

  It only calls chain for the codec_data (which is normally out-of-band
data). Some formats contain that chunk of data at the beginning of the
stream (in-band) and some others not (out-of-band).
  The libtheora library requires the user to pass that data to be
decoded before giving it any other data. That's why it's done there.