[gst-devel] How to include audio file in compiled code?

Ole Kirkeby ole.kirkeby at ovi.com
Tue Aug 10 17:29:05 CEST 2010

This is probably not so much related to GStreamer but more about how to
link resources into projects. I have a .wav file used as an alertsound in
a Qt project, and I want to include it with the executable so I don’t
have to distribute it separately. There is a mechanism for doing this in
the Qt Resource System, with an alias tag in the file attribute, but it
doesn’t work, presumably because GStreamer bypasses the Qt framework
when it sees filesrc in gst_parse_launch. More specifically, the code

pipeline = gst_parse_launch("filesrc location=alertsound1.wav ! wavparse
! autoaudiosink", &error);

always causes the file alertsound1.wav to be read from the working
directory regardless of which alias I have set up for it.  I also tried
fdsrc instead of filesrc but I couldn’t make that work either.

ole

Ovi Mail: Making email access easy
http://mail.ovi.com