[gst-devel] Need help using gst-launch to display a PNG image, part 2

Bill West william.l.west at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 03:05:54 CEST 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:24:54 +0100
> From: Tim-Philipp M?ller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Need help using gst-launch to display a PNG
>        image
> To: gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 11:08 -0700, Bill West wrote:
>
> > My problem:  from what I can tell, I need to type something like this:
> >

> >         gst-launch -v filesrc location=overlay.png ! pngdec !
> >         imagefreeze ! autovideosink
>
> > But when I do, I get this:
>
> >         stream stopped, reason not-negotiated
>
> This is a bug of some sort in autovideosink really.
>
> Try:
>
>  gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=overlay.png ! pngdec !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! imagefreeze ! autovideosink
>
> (or try using ximagesink instead of autovideosink)
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim
>
> Thanks Tim!

Thanks Tim!  That did the trick!

So, I tried to be self sufficient, and do the next step, which is to display
video thru the alpha part of the PNG file.  From googling around, it appears
I should do something like this:

 gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=overlay.png ! pngdec ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videoscale ! imagefreeze ! videomixer name=mix ! autovideosink videotestsrc
! video/x-raw-yuv, width=320, height=240 ! mix

But when I do, all I get is this:

 WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "mix"

Has videomixer changed, or am I doing something wrong?

More general question:  where can I look up this stuff, so I don't have to
keep bugging you guys?  :)

thanks (again),

Bill.