[gst-devel] Reading truncated MP4

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Thu Aug 12 15:22:24 CEST 2010

On 11/08/10 23:21, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Am 11.08.2010 14:44, schrieb Andres Gonzalez:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In a few words, I would like to hear ideas and/or share efforts with
>> anybody interested in the problem of using gstreamer to read a truncated
>> MP4 file/stream.
>>
> I would sugest to use a streamable format instead.
Yes, probably that's the best way. We were using mp4 because at first it
looked easier given the Android API, but I its becoming a source of
troubles. Recently I discovered a very interesting project in this
sense, SIPDroid, that streams video and audio over RTP.

>   qtmux does quite some work to
> provide some tools to recover a terminated recording
> gst-plugins-bad/gst/qtmux/gstqtmoovrecover.{c,h}
> but that won't help you.

Ok, I will have a glance at that anyway, it may be useful for other issues.

Thanks for your reply.