[gst-devel] lca2011 Call for Papers Extended till the 14th

Matthew Franklin matthew.franklin at lca2011.linux.org.au
Thu Aug 12 20:41:03 CEST 2010

Hi Freedom Lovers ;-)

The Linux.conf 2011 Call for Papers is almost closed. It is essential
that you submit your paper before the end the 14th of August 2010.

We're seeking a wide range of papers across the whole spectrum,
encompassing programming and software to desktop and userland,
education, community and law, but one element is essential:

The core of your paper must relate to open source in some way, i.e.,
if it's a paper about software then the software has to be licensed
under an Open Source license.

Some typical topics (but not limited to these) include:

    * Aspects of kernel development, including recent data structures
and algorithm developments
    * Database and File system developments
    * Desktop topics, covering aspects of the user experience
    * Networking topics, from device drivers to servers
    * Novice user's introduction to exploring FOSS
    * Professional development, including Software Engineering &
System Administration techniques
    * Scalability, both embedded and enterprise
    * Development topics, including concurrency and toolchain advancements
    * Open Source Software usage, including business, education & research
    * Graphics & sound advancements, from low level drivers to
end-user applications
    * Open Source culture, including open content creation

If you would like to submit a paper and want to learn more then go to
our website http://lca2011.linux.org.au/programme/about .

Matthew Franklin
lca2011 organiser
http://lca2011.linux.org.au