[gst-devel] Writing Gstreamer plugin using C++ library

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Tue Aug 17 11:08:11 CEST 2010

Hello!

I'm planning to write a Gstreamer plugin that uses a C++ written library.
I'm wondering if it's possible to mix C and C++ in gstreamer plugin
development.

Basically, my plugin will have two elements: a pure sink and a pure source.
The sink will receive the video in a pad and send it, using the C++ library,
through the network to other computer. I know, it can be done using RTP,
RTSP and other network protocols with the existing gstreamer plugins, but I
need for research purposes.

Thanks a lot for your time!