[gst-devel] Switching between videos with input-selector

victor héry victor.hery.polytech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:43:52 CEST 2010

  Thank you for your answer.

I didn't know about autovideosink working only with raw video. I used
h264enc because the final aim is to stream with H264pay and udp staff.
For the test I have tried to drop h264enc from the pipeline according to
your suggestion, but It seems not to change anything...

I have already tried decodebin before using playbin, but I had a problem
with python, it said "failed to link decodebin and inputselector". I
have tried with other plugin, like ffmpegcolorspace, videoscale, ....
between decodebin and inputselector and I have the same error.

Today I have tried uridecodebin like you said, but unfortunatelly I have
the same problem that with decodebin. Though it works well with the
command line : gst-launch-0.10 uridecodebin uri="file://..." !
input-selector ! autovideosink, without any problems.
So I think there is a thing to do in python (In C as well ?) to link
decodebin or uridecodebin with other plugins, but I really don't know
what. I found something about the "new-decoded-pad" signal with
decodebin2 in a tutorial (example 6.2 here :
http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/pygst-tutorial/capabilities.html), but it
didn't work for me :s

Have you ever used decodebin other than with the command line ? I am
interested to learn more about it, and/or about uridecodebin, since it
seems to work better than playbin for what I plan.
I am searching information on the web as well, but without many results
for the moment.

Thank you for your time

Victor Hery