[gst-devel] MOV playback in quicktime player

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Aug 19 18:41:04 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Gurpreet <gurpreet at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
> Hi All..
>
> I m generating a mov file with aac (MONO) and h264  with muxer(developed by
> me). the file is being played in VLC fine. But in QUICK TIME only video is
> coming ....sound is not coming ...When i m checking properties by MOVIE
> INSPECTOR option in QUICK TIME PLAYER it is showing the aac track and h264
> track.
>
> bar in quicktime is moving but no audio coming. What could be the reason ??

It's difficult for us to speculate on what the causes of the bugs in
your muxer are, since we don't have access to it.

Since GStreamer already has a high quality mp4 muxer, we'd continue to
recommend that you use it. We can't (and wouldn't want to) force that
on you - but if your own code has bugs, we're not going to be terribly
interested in helping you fix them.

Mike