[gst-devel] Python binding and creation of new elements

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Thu Aug 19 20:33:46 CEST 2010

Hi people!

I'm using the Gstreamer Python binding and I need to create two new
elements: a pure-source and a pure-sink element.

For the sink element, I can use the base class gst.BaseSink and it works
fine, but I can't say the same with gst.BaseSrc.

I need a lower control on the source element, and I can't find the way for
doing it inheriting from gst.BaseSrc or gst.Element.

My problem is more complicated, but imaging that I want to implement the
example of source with sometimes pad [1] seen on the plugin writer guide,
but in Python. In this example, a loop method is used to read the "header"
of the file and get the pads available when each line of the input file is
read.

How can I write this example in Python? Is it really possible? I don't find
on the python-binding documetation anything about loop function in
gst.Element class.

Thanks for your attention

[1]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/chapter-advanced-request.html#section-reqpad-sometimes

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
P.S.2 I don't know if there is the right place to ask this questions about
PyGst... but I didn't found any other list or FAQ python-related on the
Gstreamer web.