[gst-devel] gst-launch CPU load on arm 9

stuart68 stuart68 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:46:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been successfully decoding a flac audio file being streamed to an arm
9 processor, OMAPL-138 @ 372MHz, running openembedded Linux. This is using
the latest release of OE.

When I look at the CPU load it cycles, it is not steady. It can go as low as
0% right up to 99% CPU load.

I would have expected the load to maintain a steady percentage.

Can anyone offer me some advice? If not to stop this varying load, then what
changes can I make to improve the efficiency of the pipeline?

I have tried using queue, but that makes no difference.

My pipeline is as follows:

gst-launch souphttpsrc location=http://<ip address>/<path to flac file> !
decodbin ! alsasink

Thanks in advance,