[gst-devel] libgstreamer-0.10.la: file not recognized

Deroo Stijn S.Deroo at TELEVIC.com
Fri Aug 27 17:01:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to compile an application based on gstreamer, but I want to use my own compiled gstreamer libs.

To compile gstreamer there is no problem at all, but when I try to compile my application against it, I have following error message:

$ gcc -Wall -export-dynamic $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10 gtk+-2.0) test.c -o test
/home/stijn/gst/head/gstreamer/gst/libgstreamer-0.10.la: file not recognized: File format not recognized

I searched the net, but can't find anything that explains this error.
(libgstreamer-0.10.la: file not recognized)

Why is this library not recognized?  Building pipelines however works.

Kind regars,
Stijn.